Mother's day gift

Four brothers leave home, go to college and become successful doctors and
lawyers and prosper.

A few years after graduating, they are all chatting together after dinner,
discussing the gifts they had just bought their elderly mother for Mother's Day.

"I had a big house built for Mum," says the first son.

"That's nothing, I had a £100,000 theatre built in the house," chips in the
second son.

"Well," says the third son, "I had my Mercedes dealer deliver her an SL600."

After hearing his brothers' boasts, the fourth son pipes up and says:

"If you think that's good, then listen to this. You know how mum loved reading
the Bible, and you know she can't read it anymore because she can't see very
well? Well, I met this priest who told me about a parrot that can recite the
entire Bible. It took 20 priests 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to
contribute £100,000 a year for 20 years to the church, but it was worth it. Mum
just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it."

The other brothers were impressed.

Two weeks later their mother sent out her thank-you notes.

"Dear Milton, the house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I
have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway."

"Dear Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home, I have my groceries
delivered, so I never use the Mercedes. The thought was good. Thanks."

"Dear Michael, you gave me an expensive theatre with Dolby sound. It could hold
50 people, but all my friends are dead, I've lost my hearing and I'm nearly
blind. I'll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the same."

"Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give a little
thought to your gift. The chicken was delicious. Thank you."






No comments:

Post a Comment